The long range precision 1 course is for the shooter who’s looking for an in-depth introduction to the basics of long range shooting. This course debunks all the myths by focusing on both the science, and the art of the discipline. By taking a systematic approach to the fundamentals of marksmanship and the mechanics of your equipment you’ll build a solid foundation of core skills that you can continue to expand on. Expect to have your limits pushed, and you’ll be able to gauge your progression every day through purpose-built shooting drills that reinforce key topics. Whether you’re new to long range shooting, or you’re looking for a tune-up, long range precision 1 is what you’re looking for.
None, but you’ll be expected to possess a basic understanding of firearms safety and a willingness to learn.
What you'll learn:
- Rifle manipulation and maintenance.
- Optic manipulation. (Focus/Parallax adjustment, Zeroing)
- The fundamentals of marksmanship.
- Basic Internal Ballistics.
- External Ballistics and Ballistic software.
- How to estimate and read wind.
- Range acquisition, estimation, and angular units of measure.
- Known distance and unknown distance shooting.
- Introduction to unconventional shooting positions.
- Introduction to stress shooting.