Magpul CORE’s Handgun Level 1 course is an introductory handgun training program designed to provide you with the fundamental skills of weapons manipulation and marksmanship. Focusing on our principals of mindset, marksmanship, manipulation, and movement, you’ll have a solid foundation to build on as your training progresses. By first starting with proper weapons manipulation techniques, you’ll move on into the fundamentals of marksmanship with challenging drills which will focus on accuracy and also evaluate skills and progress.
Being an introductory handgun course, the only required skills are to possess safe weapon handling skills and a willingness to learn.
What you'll learn:
- Handgun nomenclature, and cycle of operations.
- Proper preventative maintenance of the handgun.
- Weapons manipulations to include, loading, reloading, and the reduction of common malfunctions.
- Grip, stance and the fundamentals of marksmanship.
- Proper placement of holsters and magazine holders.
- Mechanics of the draw and proper presentation of the handgun.
- Introduction to the use of cover.
- Introduction to shooting on the move.